Welcome to Advanced Utility Mapping!
If you would like to learn how you can take your data one step further and create beautiful visualizations using 3D and Augmented Reality applications in the field, this course is perfect for you!
Quickly discover how to use 3D GIS and mobile Augmented Reality software to deliver precise and accurate visualizations of underground utility assets (pipes, cables, manholes, duct banks, hydrants, etc).
This training will walk you through a step-by-step process that demonstrates how you can build your very own 3D GIS models, and integrate your data with mobile Augmented Reality software to visualize your data onsite in the field.
Prerequisite: Utility Mapping Bootcamp
Don't hesitate any longer, enroll and start learning!
Why You Should Take This Course
Our lectures are given by highly-qualified and certified GIS professionals with extensive GIS & Utility Mapping training and experience.
- This course gives you the absolute best online, instructional, and hands-on experience.
- Students use the latest and greatest industry-leading mobile GPS, GIS, and AR technology.
- Gain exposure to the most advanced & affordable GIS implementation strategies & tools.
About This Course
This instructional course teaches students how to map and manage utility data using advanced GIS technology. Master the process of converting GPS files (KML, CSV, TXT exported from utility locating equipment such as RD8100, UtiliGuard 2, vLocPro2, LMX100, and mobile GPS applications such as PointMan) to GIS datasets using desktop software, and then build 3D web-based mapping applications to access and share utility maps and data online in a secure and private cloud GIS environment.
This utility mapping training offers a workflow to transform your utility mapping services and deliverables. This training will walk your team through a sample project to collect high accuracy GPS data using PointMan and an external GPS/GNSS receiver, import GPS data into free desktop GIS software, digitize and map utilities, organize data for cloud GIS software, create 3D visualizations and web-based mobile mapping applications, and integrate data with Augmented Reality software to visualize utilities in AR on your smartphone, in the field.
This is a complete step-by-step guide which includes:
- 1yr Subscription to PointMan ($495 value)
- 3+ Hours of Instructional How-To Videos
- 1hr Instructor-Led Workshop
- Initial Cloud GIS & AR Setup
- Sample GPS and GIS data files
- Preconfigured GIS map files
- Practical & challenging lesson assignments
- 24x7 learner assistance and support
- Centerline Mapping Alumni Association
- Lifetime access to high-quality e-learning content
- Certificate of Completion
No prior utility mapping or GIS experience is necessary.
- Students should have 0 - 10+ years experience with Utilities, GPS, GIS, GPR, & CAD.
- Students should be familiar with various data formats: KML, CSV, Shapefiles, DXF, DWG, CAD.
- Students should be eager to learn how to map and manage critical utility data.
Who This Course Is For?
- Utility Locators, GPR Technicians, CAD Drafters, Surveyors, GIS Technicians, GIS Analysts, Utility Engineers, Directional Drillers, high school students, and college students.
- This course is meant for those looking for hands-on experience mapping utilities using mobile and web-based GIS, GPS, Pipe Locators, and Augmented Reality.
- This course is great for students interested in sharpening their GIS, utility mapping, and data management skills.
- This course is perfect for surveying, utility locating, and SUE firms that want to expand their deliverables and stand apart from competition by offering GIS as a service.
- Anyone interested in learning how to map underground utilities using GIS.
All GPS, GIS, and AR software used in this training is either free and open source, or offers free trials.
No additional software expenses to take this training.
What Hardware & Software Will Your Team Learn?
Tyler Bristow is a certified GIS Professional (GISP) with over 10 years of experience providing GIS consulting for local and federal governments, mid-sized municipalities, and large industrial facilities using various GPS and GIS technology. Tyler provides utility mapping consulting and training for utility companies, locating firms, surveyors, and civil engineers.
PreviewField Demonstration (3:57)
StartLesson 1 - Introduction to 3D GIS & AR (8:06)
StartLesson 2 - GPS Data Collection (35:14)
StartLesson 3 - GIS Data Management (24:09)
StartLesson 4 - Create GIS Account (5:46)
StartLesson 5 - Upload Utility Data (12:55)
StartLesson 6 - Build a 3D GIS Scene (29:36)
StartLesson 7 - Build a 3D GIS Application (17:35)
StartLesson 8 - Edit and Update Data (24:54)
StartLesson 9 - Create AR Account (4:18)
StartLesson 10 - Utility Mapping in AR (7:41)
StartLesson 11 - Create a Project in AR (8:19)
StartLesson 12 - Download the App & View Data (12:12)
StartLesson 13 - Connect AR to GIS Account (47:57)
StartLesson 14 - Advanced AR Functions (10:32)
StartLesson 15 - Importing Shapefiles to Civil 3D (22:38)
StartLesson 16 - Import Data from ArcGIS Online (9:34)
StartLesson 17 - Export DWGs, PDFs, & DXFs (13:26)
PreviewLesson 18 - Using the S500 with VRS & PointMan Plus (5:28)
PreviewLesson 19 - Using the S700A with VRS & PointMan Plus (3:46)