Getting Started with PointMan Plus
Mobile GPS Training for Utility Locators
Getting Started with PointMan Plus!
Are you wanting to take your utility locating and mapping services to the next level!?
Feel confident in your ability to locate utilities, but not too sure how to get started mapping utilities using mobile GPS & GIS software?
Sign up for this brief training and learn how to use your own personal mobile iOS or Android device to map and document utilities.
Why You Should Take This Training
Our video lessons are given by highly-qualified and certified GIS professionals with extensive GIS & Utility Mapping training and experience.
- This training provides a formal instructor-led experience.
- Students use the latest and greatest industry-leading mobile mapping technology.
- Gain exposure to the most advanced & affordable mobile mapping technology.
About This Training
This instructional training teaches students how to map, manage, and document utility data using the mobile PointMan application on their iOS or Android device.
No prior utility mapping or GIS experience is necessary.
- Students should have 0 - 10+ years experience with Utilities, GPS, GIS, GPR, & CAD.
- Students should be familiar with various data formats: KML, CSV, Shapefiles, DXF, DWG, CAD.
- Students should be eager to learn how to map and manage critical utility data.
Who This Course Is For?
- Utility Locators, GPR Technicians, CAD Drafters, Surveyors, GIS Technicians, GIS Analysts, Utility Engineers, Directional Drillers, high school students, and college students.
- This course is meant for those looking for hands-on experience mapping utilities using mobile and web-based GIS, GPS, Pipe Locators, and Augmented Reality.
- This course is great for students interested in sharpening their GIS, utility mapping, and data management skills.
- This course is perfect for surveying, utility locating, and SUE firms that want to expand their deliverables and stand apart from competition by offering GIS as a service.
- Anyone interested in learning how to map underground utilities using GIS.
Tyler Bristow is a certified GIS Professional (GISP) with over 12 years of experience providing GIS consulting for local and federal governments, mid-sized municipalities, and large industrial facilities using various GPS, GIS, & CAD technology. Tyler provides utility mapping consulting and training for utility companies, locating firms, surveyors, and civil engineers.
StartLesson 1 - Creating Projects using PointMan Plus (2:15)
StartLesson 2 - Create Points, Lines, & Polygons in PointMan Plus (4:22)
StartLesson 3 - Collecting As-Built Data using PointMan Plus (4:21)
StartLesson 4 - Take Photos and Create Sketches using PointMan Plus (4:43)
StartLesson 5 - Create Forms Using PointMan Plus (3:33)
StartLesson 6 - View and Export Data Collected using PointMan Plus (3:49)
StartLesson 7 - Exporting Data via Email using PointMan Plus (2:28)
StartLesson 8 - Using Google Directions in PointMan Plus (1:26)
StartLesson 9 - Pair and Collect Data using the Juniper Geode with PointMan Plus (4:49)
StartLesson 14 - Adding Features and Attributes to the Data Dictionary in PointMan Plus (4:25)
StartLesson 15 - Editing Features and Colors in the Data Dictionary in PointMan Plus (5:09)
StartLesson 16 - Importing and Editing a KML file in PointMan Plus (6:09)